Twenty minutes from the quaint tourist shops of historic Annapolis, MD, 30 miles to the hallowed memorials of our Nation's Capital, and only 38 miles to Baltimore, MD there lies hidden among the peaceful rolling hills of West River, MD the quiet world of Pemberton Farm. A simple gravel driveway winds through the woods, giving the property a very private, understated first impression. But venture down that road and the woods open up to lush green pastures and a tree-lined drive leading to the main house and sheer serenity! The home, originally built in 1989 with several later additions, is inspired by timeless American Classic farmhouse design. Meticulously maintained gardens, hardscape, and a large front porch await your arrival to this stunning home. Beginning with the large foyer, this custom home offers unparalleled quality, hand finishes and detail throughout. Floors are heart-pine, tigerwood, marble and ceramic. Elaborate crown moldings, raised paneling, transom windows, multiple custom built-ins, blue Bahia granite, and seven fireplaces make this home one of a kind. The home boasts an elevator to three floors, a copper roof and an in-ground pool with cabana. Pemberton Farm includes 116 acres. It has multiple barns, stables and outbuildings, all with water and electric. One barn houses two bathrooms and a large conference room and office. A caretakers cottage sits at the entrance to the property and two additional houses could be built under the MALF agricultural easement, locations subject to MALF approval. The property and home are beautifully sited for privacy and refuge from the hustle of the city and with its abundance of natural beauty and facilities, it would provide a perfect destination for entertaining. Possible agricultural uses are only limited by your imagination! It would be perfect for equestrian activities, alpaca (current use) or any livestock breeding operations, crop production, a vineyard, Christmas tree farm, home office with reception areas to name a few. With its privacy and entertaining potential, it would also be the perfect family compound. Please call today for your personal tour.APPOINTMENT REQUIRED WITH 48 HOURS~ NOTICE. NO DRIVE-INS PLEASE.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
7 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Well
Hardi Plank, Wood Siding
13,255 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sun Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Loft, Library, Florida Room, Darkroom, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Cook Top Range, Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Washer
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Other. Radiant, Heat Pump, Geothermal, Other, Zone.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Walkout Stairs
- 7. Mantle, Fireplace Screen, Stone.
- Elevator, Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Fireplace Equipment, Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Wainscoting, Window Treatment, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway.
- Wood, HardeePlank
- Porch, Patio
- Pool Description
- Heated, In-ground
- Lot View
- Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Feed Barn, Shed, Livestock Facilities, Front Yard, Landscaped, Side Yard, Trees. Backs To Trees, Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, Premium, Poolside, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Trees/Wooded.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)